After a seemingly short summer, we are getting a taste of fall. I love fall! It is, hands down, my favorite time of year, so I'm loving this weather. As I have neglected this blog ... not having too much to talk about (my life revolves around the kids' homeschool activities) ... I figured this was the perfect time to sit back and share a little more about me.
1. The cooler weather. I love the cool, crisp days of fall when the weather is just perfect -- those days when you can decide between jeans and Capri's, long-sleeves or short-sleeves, and whichever way you go, you can still be comfortable. Mostly - it is the perfect weather for a run ... anytime of the day.
2. The colorful leaves. I love the colors of changing leaves -- the deep reds, the bright yellows, and the glorious oranges. Gorgeous.
3. Travel. We frequently travel during this time of the year ... the prices drop, the resorts and attractions are less chaotic with fewer tourists ... no long lines and perfect weather.
4. Open windows. Ahhhh...having my windows and doors open while a cool breeze wafts through the house is my idea of heaven.
5. Football games. I love football .. but we haven't gone to a game in a long, long time. I'm hoping we'll resume this tradition soon.
6. Renewed enthusiasm for lessons. All the kids go back to school and we can resume our regular lessons without the interruptions at the door.
7. Cerulean skies. Seriously? Is there any blue as brilliant as a cloudless fall afternoon?
8. Falling back. So it's only one night. I love that extra hour that we get each fall.
9. Thanksgiving. It's one of my favorite holidays because it's the one where I get to see family that we often see only once or twice a year, without all the stress of Christmas. (Isn't it sad that we've made Christmas such a stressful time of year?)
10. The food. Pumpkin pies. Acorn squash. Apple crisp. Cinnamon scents wafting through the house. Need I say more?
11. The bounty. This time of year always reminds me of the time my mom spent canning and putting food away in the pantry. Little by little, I have been trying to return to some of these more traditional pastimes.
Well ... not quite 13 but close enough. What are you favorite things about fall?