I mentioned previously that I had created a new running playlist for use on the treadmill and I've been asked to share. I haven't participated in the Thrs13 challenge for some time so I felt this was the perfect opportunity. I couldn't narrow my playlist to just 13 songs, however, so I grouped them by artist. Some groups/artists just lend themselves to running - perfect # beats per minute. Some are played regularly by the live bands & supporters who line the streets during a marathon to cheer us on through all 26.2 miles.
1. More Than A Feeling & We're Ready Boston
2. Lost Highway, Keep The Faith, Runaway, Have a Nice Day, Who Says You Can't Go Home & (You Want to) Make a Memory Bon Jovi
3. She's A Runner Billy Squier
4. Are You Ready, Thunderstruck, Shake A Leg, Hells Bells & You Shook Me All Night Long AC/DC
5. Hips Don't Lie & La Tortura Shakira
6. Rock You Like A Hurricane Scorpions
7. Cup of Life Ricky Martin
8. Let's Go Crazy Prince
9. You Better Run Pat Benatar
10. Blinded By The Light Manfred Mann
11. Days Go By Keith Urban
12. Hurts So Good John Cougar Mellencamp
13. Run To You Bryan Adams
But that's not all - my long runs are generally 2-3 hours so I certainly need more! Though, I don't generally bring along the iPod when I'm outside and never during races. I'd much rather take in all that is going on around me. So, here are a few more...
14. Hot Blooded Foreigner
15. It's Not Over Daughtry
16. Higher Creed
17. Dream Police Cheap Trick
18. Born to Run & Born in the U.S.A. Bruce Springsteen
19. Takin' Care Of Business Bachman-Turner Overdrive
I'm still tweaking the list - adding to and taking away - finding the just the right mix. Some are a bit slow but are great for the cool-down.
Thursday Thirteen graphic by Samulli.