Thursday, December 6, 2007
Running Goals for 2008 ~ Thursday Thirteen
1. Qualify to run BOSTON (i.e. finish under 3:45). To accomplish this, I'll need to do the following:
2. Increase weekly mileage from average 35+ to 50+.
3. Build a solid core.
4. Eat healthier and possibly loose 5 lbs (I generally weigh in at 126-130 - I can lose a few).
5. Run easy on recovery days. Run hard on hard days.
6. Weight train more consistently (related to #3).
7. Improve race strategy (fewer porta-potty visits and consistent effort in middle miles).
8. Run with a others - join local running club and join them for long runs.
9. Do daily doubles - particularly on swim days.
10. Try water running.
11. Push myself harder on tempo/speed days. I want to be a little sore the next day.
12. Up my training paces (goal pace) from 8:30 to 8:20. ???
13. Stay motivated throughout training - stop cutting runs short. This is probably the most important one - looking at my training log, I did that a lot prior to CIM.
Previous Training Paces:
GP = 8:30 (marathon finish 3:42:52)
T = 8:10
C = 7:20 (1 mile), 3:40 (800)
SI = 3:30 (800), 1:45 (400)
** As I trained for CIM, I frequently nailed those times. Occasionally, I was even faster (particularly towards the end of the training cycle and through the taper). Other times, I was slower (when pushing the stroller but other times, too). I just wasn't consistent. **
New 'Goal' Training Paces:
GP = 8:20 (marathon finish 3:38:29)
T = 8:00
C = 7:10 (1 mile), 3:30 (800)
SI = 3:20 (800), 1:35 (400)